Sunday, November 3, 2013

Parables of Jesus - Parable of the Friend at Night - Luke 11:5-8

Parable of the Friend at Night

Luke 11:5-8

King James Version (KJV)
And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.

Just after Jesus said about the Lord's Prayer he said this Parable. This Parable is told to encourage the Prayer life, the persistence in asking, seeking and doing God's Will through Prayer.

 Matthew 7:7 NIV

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Just like the friend in the parable who had a need, but never minded what his friend would say, but her importuned his friend because he is his friend. So in Prayer when we pray Jesus says to pray in private, at the same time he calls us as Friend. So as being our Friend, he certainly will help us in our times of trouble. So, our responsibility is to keep on asking him.


John 15:15

New International Version (NIV)
15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 


Have a Blessed Day Ahead

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...