Sunday, October 27, 2013

THE BEATITUDES - Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

THE BEATITUDES

Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.

It is said the Heart is the center of our life, not the physical one but the spiritual. And God’s word says to guard it: in Proverbs 4:23 –


                          Above all else, guard your heart,
                        for everything you do flows from it.


Have you wondered you said something and then realize what you said was wrong and then you say, “Did I really say that?” it is said in Luke 6:45 (NKJV) – out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.


A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.



 Jeremiah 17:9 (NIV)

The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.
    Who can understand it?

In 1st Samuel 12-16 we could see Hannah’s prayer (praying in her heart) about her anguish and grief:

12 As she kept on praying to the Lord, Eli observed her mouth.
13 Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. Eli thought she was drunk
14 and said to her, “How long are you going to stay drunk? Put away your wine.”
15 “Not so, my lord,” Hannah replied, “I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the Lord.
16 Do not take your servant for a wicked woman; I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief.”

It is the matter of Heart:
It is said in many of the instances that Jesus knew what the people had thought in their Heart (But Jesus knew their thoughts – A house divided cannot stand matt 12:22-30) and Jesus would sometime say, “Why do you think evil in your hearts? (When Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralytic – Matt 91-8).

In matt 5:21-30 Jesus says about matter of Heart as Murder Begins in the Heart and Adultery in the Heart.

Romans 10:9-10 (NIV)


9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

So this part of the beatitude deals with the matter of Heart. And the blessings are for those who are pure in heart. And they will see God, not they may, but they will.

1 Samuel 16:7 (ESV)


But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

What does it mean, if it is the matter of Heart?
Mark 12:33 (NIV)


“To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

Forgiveness has to come from Heart:
Matthew 18:35 (NIV)

“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

Psalm 119:11 (NIV)


I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you
 
Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


John 14 (NKJV)
The Way, the Truth, and the Life


1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.







The Father Revealed

7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.


Have a Purified Heart and Blessed Day Ahead

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...