Friday, May 30, 2014

Jesus gives us the rest

Jesus said:

Matthew 11:28 NIV
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Either be it PEACE, JOY or REST what our God offers is a different one, not the one the world offers. We know either by trying too much or by falling often our souls and our physical being weary. But it is for this very reason that God offers his limitless and abundant PEACE, JOY, MERCY and the most important REST.

John 14:27 NIV
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


John 16:22 NIV

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.


I saw the scripture Matthew 11:28 NIV
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. In an hospital a few years ago when one of my friend passed away in an accident. As I read this scripture I taught it is the most meaningful verse at the most important time of life. I turned to Lord Jesus and said, "Lord, I come to you to seek that rest".

We see the wariness due to the cares of the world.

Let it be our worry or weariness, Jesus will give the Rest, when we do what he wants us to do and not get distracted or to compare with others. Let us put our selfish motives, our pride or our failures in front of his, let us also put our greed, grief and sorrows.

Luke 10:38-42

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Martha and Mary

38 Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home.39 She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with [a]all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; 42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”

For whatever our life's gift is, we have to utilize it for his glory. "Let his will be done, not mine". We should never complain or grumble about our gifts, we should thank and hope for the better.

Isaiah 40:28-31

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
29 He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
30 Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31 Yet those who [a]wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will [b]mount up with [c]wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary. 

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...