Friday, May 23, 2014

Count on your blessings

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep
Counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep
Counting my blessings
I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep
Counting your blessings
 Irving Berlin 

Counting on all the blessings is not easy..

Jesus said, Matthew 6:34 NIV
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

When we curse the time, when we blame others, when we excuse because of circumstances we are sure of not remembering of our blessings. Its difficult. The Israelite blamed Moses for bringing them out from the Egyptians, where though they toiled they were having meat, then they complained about water. etc.. 

When Jesus was travelling on the boat and when the storm stuck, the disciples feared death. They forgot to remember those days when Jesus did miracles. It is easy to complain of things, it is easy to say it wont work when things are not going good, but it takes great courage to withstand those moments of trials and temptations.

Jesus asks us to pray when there is temptations, Matthew 26:41 NIV
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."  

We learn to appreciate God's blessings and be happy about the situation by looking at Jesus.

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...