Thursday, May 15, 2014

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me" - Philippians 4:13

There are always two ways in life. The one which leads to life the other to the death. The one which leads to the truth the other to the lie, deception and error. The one which leads us to love the other leads to hate. It is very difficult to find which way is what, but Jesus said "I am the way, Truth and life" - Giving us each importance for our search for the way, to know what is right and to lead us into everlasting life.

The way to attain anything in life is too complicated, but the simple truth is to gain strength from Christ. We have the 10k hours rule, thinking indicatively, creatively, smart working etc. but the most important in life is in doing as according to God's will.

In the verse "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me"  - Philippians 4:13 we could find that the specific way of gaining that strength from Jesus Christ.

The sentence in itself reveals that God wanted us to understand the meaning behind it, to meditate on it, to believe in him. I should be our prayer to save souls, to win the lost, to carry our burdens, to be witness for Christ.

So, here is how we are to interpret it. Taking each and every part of this sentence with faith and in belief. Hoping and trusting in him, that he could transform our lives into one that he would like us to be. To be like him and to be with him.

I - I am convinced that there is no one other than me is going to do this, because God has ordained this act or this thing to do for his glory and it is his will for my life. I am not selfish here, because the act in itself is to be forgiving, helping, strengthening others. To love one another, so as to be like him.

It is said as I, but it should be worked with us. It is I along with you. I am concerned about you, your development in spiritual well being, in knowing the truth.

Taking responsibility, ownership and initiative. I reach out to the hands to help them, to motivate them, to pray for them.


Can - Showing willingness to do. The positive side of doing things. The attitude. The mindset. Once I take the initiative to do something from my side, I also confirm that it will be done. This act or thing will never be stopped, nothing in any creation can stop the love of God for us. It is in Can's that we will be able to do things, not in Can't's.



Do - Work is an act of confirming the initiative taken into action, It is not only when I see a problem and say I can solve it, but by doing it.

James 2:14-17

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Faith and Works

14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can [a]that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, [b]be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even sofaith, if it has no works, is [c]dead, being by itself.



All - It is not a specific thing, but everything. Jesus said - Ask and is shall be given - Most of us would like to ask things that are for our physical purposes, that which makes feel good having it, that which makes us little comfort, that which will look good and that is why Jesus gave the example of Bread and Fish. He did say "ask anything in my name to the Father and that will be done to you".
When Jesus healed this boy who had a evil spirit - Mark 9

Jesus Heals a Boy with an Evil Spirit
…22"It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!" 23And Jesus said to him, "'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes." 24Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief."



Things - Every act of a man, either it be a good or evil is done with a purpose in mind. We always need to ask if its God's will let it be done. We always need to seek things which are of his purpose, "Let his will be done not mine". We should never take advantage of a situation, God makes every thing possible for the one who believes in him.

We ought to ask God to help us to do things which are greater, higher and impossible and that is when our faith is tested

John 14:12 NIV
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.



Through - There is always a possible way through which everything needs to be accomplished. If some of us have failed or fallen from the grace, it may be because of the tools through which the evil spirit has tested. But here to do greater things for his glory, we ask God to be which us and help us through the process of success, remember it is not the one who was able to just win one battle of life and then failed will be saved, but the one who wins and stays faithful until the end. There is a greater power more than what we could think of and even ask for that is working in us through Christ Jesus. So let us just obey his words and work for our salvation.

The Camel which passes through:
Matthew 19:24 NIV
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

Through the Gates:

Matthew 7:13-14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13 Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Christ - The one who is able to make us to do all things. The person who have that personal relationship with us, John 15:13 NIV
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends

One who was able to obey the Father until the point of death, even death could not hold for his faith in God - That he resurrected and overcame the death, who now sits at the right hand of God.

Hebrews 12:2 NIV
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


Which - The single most important factor that distinguishes Christ is his obedience unto the point of death on the cross, taking our sins and shame. Which is a single and the most important fact for our lives to live like him. Taking him as an example, he act as the most important aspect of our life.

1 John 2:2 NIV
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.


Strengthens - It is not in our weakness, but through his strength that we will be able to do everything according to his will. But we all have weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:9-11
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast [a]about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with [b]insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

11 I have become foolish; you yourselves compelled me. Actually I should have been commended by you, for in no respect was I inferior to the [c]most eminent apostles, even though I am a nobody.


Me - The sentence end with me again. It is in my control. The choices are set in front of me. To choose the right thing is in my hand. Putting God first in everything. Seeking his kingdom and to glorify him in everything I do.

John 5:30 NIV
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...