Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Power Of Now

It is not in the past success or failures, its not how big we can dream about the future. But it is in the present, what we do now that matters.

Jesus asked us not to worry about future.
Matthew 6:34 NIV
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Worrying is just an act of unwisely choosing to select few negative aspects or thoughts and constructing or dwelling on it all through the day. It is not a wise decision to worry, but through Godly wisdom and complete surrender to his will one can truly overcome this aspect of worrying.

The steps to live free without worry is:
To be content with what we have -  Philippians 4:12 NIV
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
To be joyful for the set goals - Hebrews 12:2 NIV
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
To be in Peace - John 14:27 NIV
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Everything is a choice:
Abraham chose to obey God's word,
Moses chose the right choice to deliver the people of Israel,
Joseph learned the way to be unrighteous with God and took the right choices.
Jesus obeyed the Father, Did as according to his will, Completely surrendering and submitting.
In all the successful stories in the Bible, these men of God and Jesus himself showed that their choices in the midst of trials and temptations were perfectly verified and valued and took the right decisions at the present to fulfill God's will.

"People create success in their lives by focusing on today. It may sound trite, but today is the only time you
have. It's too late for yesterday. And you can't depend on tomorrow. That's why today matters".
-John C Maxwell

John C Maxwell in his book Today Matters also discuss the following points:
Today often falls to pieces : what is the missing piece? --
Today can become a masterpiece --
Today's attitude gives me possibilities --
Today's values give me direction --
Today's family gives me stability --
Today's health gives me strength --
Today's priorities give me focus --
Today's thinking gives me an advantage --
Today's commitment gives me tenacity --
Today's relationships give me fulfillment --
Today's finances give me options --
Today's faith gives me peace --
Today's growth gives me potential --
Today's generosity gives me significance --
Making today matter.


Psalm 118:24

New King James Version (NKJV)
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...