Monday, June 23, 2014

God's Master-plan for our lives

The Lord is sovereign. Psalm 135:6 NIV
The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths.

If we are to pray for anything, We need to understand it from his point of view and not from our needs. Because sometimes our needs overwhelms us to think, "If God is good for me, if he is good he will do this for me". This taught has to be broken into his wish. Jesus himself prayed to the Father this way.
Luke 22:42 NIV
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

One of the greatest achievement in human history is that they discovered that, by changing the attitude we can change our lives. Our needs are important, but what is more important is God's plan for our life. His plan will always be the best.

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 


God's sovereignty is revealed in his act of kindness and compassion,

Romans 5:8 NIV
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

When all our plans fail, when our prayers are not answered, we will have to understand one thing that God wants us to teach us something. Either he makes us to learn the patience or he allows us to understand that it is not his will for our life. If we ask him in his name believing in him that he will do for us anything, he will do. But even before we ask him anything he knows what our needs and wants are. He will never let us down in not providing, only if it is harmful he will deny. So, understanding his master-plan for our life is to look everything from his perspective, asking him to do everything according to his will.

His master-plan being always good, if something doesn't happen as according to our way, we will have to submit and surrender it to him, Saying as like the Lost son:

Luke 15:21 NIV
"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' 

His master-plan for our lives is to be like him and to be with him:

John 14:2-3

New International Version (NIV)
My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...