Friday, January 17, 2014

Two Golden Days


There are two days of the week that are free from dread or sadness, worry or pain.
One of these is YESTERDAY.
Yesterday with all its cares and frets, faults and blunders, has passed forever beyond my reach. I cannot undo an act or unsay a word that I crafted yesterday.
Every part of yesterday is in the hands of my loving God. Only He can make the wrong things right, turn weeping into laughter, and bring joy out of loss.
Save for the beautiful memories that linger, I have nothing to do with yesterday. It was mine. Now it belongs to God.
The other day I do not worry about is TOMORROW.
Tomorrow with all its challenges and perils is as far beyond my reach as yesterday. It belongs to God.
I possess nothing in that unknown day. All of the treasures of tomorrow are in the safe keeping of my loving God.
It is not the burdens of today that weaken me and steal my joy. It is the regret of yesterday and the fear of tomorrow that break me down.
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34
There is left then only one day of the week: TODAY. With faith and trust in the Lord I can carry the burdens and fight the battles of today.
Therefore I pray and I work one day at a time. Because I belong to God.
--Robert J. Burdette

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...