Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past".

We are in the present, Hoping for a better future, but dwelling on the past. Many of us do the mistake of dwelling on the past.

When we look at the Bible, It considers most of the people who are successful, though they had a very bad past life. The Story of Joseph in the Old Testament is a very good example anyone who wants to forget his past which may be sinful or which may be bad. Because in Joseph's life his past was such a misery, but yet he didn't dwell on that, that became his successful aspect for his future.

In fact when people say don't dwell on the past, it doesn't mean that we should completely forget it, but forget those bad sinful instances and remember all those beautiful and wonderful things. This way of thinking is a way of showing gratitude to the creator, Look at Job for instance - When he had everything he thanked God, He praised God when he was left with nothing, He praised God saying "Job 1:21 NIV
and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

Isaiah 43:18
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past".

The most important aspect in forgetting the wrong past is this:
It will enable you to think clearly about the present and future: If you don't forget the things of the past which may be a failure, or a sin. It will be always insisting you to do the same mistake again, saying you are alive, you can do whatever you want. As said in

Ecclesiastes 8:11 NIV
When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out, people's hearts are filled with schemes to do wrong.


So, its very important to forget the bad things of the past, to have a positive attitude about future and to have a fear that will enable us to walk towards the Godly things. As Fear of God is very important in our life. Luke 12:5 NIV
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.


Ecclesiastes 5:15 NIV

Everyone comes naked from their mother's womb, and as everyone comes, so they depart. They take nothing from their toil that they can carry in their hands.

The life of Alexander is an inspiration for many, He was a king who thought to rule the entire world. But due to sickness he died. The Last three wishes of Alexander is:

As a military commander, he was undefeated and the most successful throughout history. On his way homefrom conquering many countries, he came down with an illness. At that moment, his captured territories, powerful army, sharp swords, and wealth all had no meaning to him. He realized that death would soon arrive and he would be unable to return to his homeland. He told his officers: “I will soon leave this world. I have three final wishes. You need to carry out what I tell you.” His generals, in tears, agreed.
“My first wish is to have my physician bring my coffin home alone. After a gasping for air, Alexander continued: “My second wish is scatter the gold, silver, and gems from my treasure-house along the path to the tomb when you ship my coffin to the grave.” After wrapping in a woolen blanket and resting for a while, he said: “My final wish it to put my hands outside the coffin.” People surrounding him all were very curious, but no one dare to ask the reason. Alexander’s most favored general kissed his hand and asked: “My Majesty, We will follow your instruction. But can you tell us why you want us to do it this way?” After taking a deep breath, Alexander said: “I want everyone to understand the three lessons I have learned. To let my physician carry my coffin alone is to let people realize that a physician cannot really cure people’s illness. Especially when they face death, the physicians are powerless. I hope people will learn to treasure their lives. My second wish is to tell people not to be like me in pursuing wealth. I spent my whole life pursuing wealth, but I was wasting my time most of the time. My third wish to let people understand that I came to this world in empty hands and I will leave this world also in empty hands.” he closed his eyes after finished talking and stopped breathing.

Though these things and many other biographical, historical documents are written after many years and centuries after these people lived & died and only few relative documents were found, People rely in these words of these people. But Bible is the word of God, A true inspiration written by the people with one purpose of presenting the true God - Jesus Christ, His life, his works, his teachings to make us understand our past (the wrong one) to forget and to bring a new life (through Jesus Christ)

If forgetting the wrongs someone has done to us, or forgetting the wrongs that we did to someone, or if everything that happened in the past is wrong and need to be forgotten. The best and the only way is to seek God with an open heart and mind.

Hebrews 8:12 NIV
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Have A great Day Ahead that will be remembered forever.....

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...