Sunday, February 9, 2014

Analogy of Jesus Christ - Doing the Father's Will

Jesus analyses the aspect of our works in the world, He gave us a lot of instructions to do the will of the father - In Matthew 6:10 NIV
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Jesus demonstrated us throughout his life - How one should be willing to do everything according to Father.
Luke 22:42 NIV
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Jesus did Father's will -

John 6:38-40

King James Version (KJV)
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus analogy of Father's will is this - No matter what one does in this life will never come closer to that much as doing the will of God the Father. Because the Father's Will is the best for our life, it is the best than anything that we can ever imagine or think about. Jesus says in Matthew chapter 7 verses 21-23 that - 

Matthew 7:21-23

New International Version (NIV)

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Jesus says first that not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 

Not everyone - It means that everyone should call upon the name of the Lord, Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Do good things, need to prophesy in Jesus' name, drive out demons and perform many miracles - but more than that we should do the will of Father in heaven. And it is sure for the one who does according to the will of Father in heaven to enter the kingdom of heaven and that is why Jesus said Only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Though we may have gifted with talents and knowledge to do as according to his will, many a times we confuse and try to find our way for his will. He lays the strength to find his will, as he always is in us and leads us, guides us and always is willing to help us find the right way, that is Jesus to do his will.

Romans 12:2

King James Version (KJV)
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Peter 2:15-16
King James Version (KJV)
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

Every moment, every time, for every thought, for every great decisions, in everything, everywhere, every time - the one and the only best thing to do is to do according to the will of the Father in heaven. So we ought to ask Jesus to help us find it in him, ask him to help accomplish it through him and finally it will be done according to his will.

Luke 23:46 NIV
Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.

No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...