Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Coming Back To The Start

In Revelations 2:4 it says:

Revelation 2:4 NIV
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.

It is easier to get away with the love of the world, the cares of the world. Forgetting what we are called for here in this life.

Matthew 24:12-13 NIV
12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 7:21 NIV

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Yet we may have forsaken the truth because of the reasoning of men, the logic and tricks. The cunning and the untruthful nature of the human will always tries to pull us down to quit the faith that which we have and the love that which we have for our lord Jesus.

The First thing to do is to realize and repent:

Psalm 51:10-18New International Version (NIV)

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
    so that sinners will turn back to you.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
    you who are God my Savior,
    and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15 Open my lips, Lord,
    and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
    you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 My sacrifice, O God, is[a] a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart
    you, God, will not despise.
18 May it please you to prosper Zion,
    to build up the walls of Jerusalem.

Revelation 2:5 NIV
Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

Romans 12:2 NIV

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Peter remembered his mistake:
Matthew 26:75 NIV

Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: "Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." And he went outside and wept bitterly.

David's realization, When Nathan confronts him.
2 Samuel 12 - Nathan Rebukes David

We are not too far away from realization from our mistakes, our shortcomings. He is always near and he is always with the brokenhearted, to receive them and to comfort them, to counsel them.

Hebrews 8:12 NIV
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Psalm 103:3 NIV

who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,


HAVE A GREAT DAY AHEAD



No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...