Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Leaders pass the Torch - On succession planning

Succession planning is about the future, providing the source for inspiration or guidance or the need which the Leader currently or presently was providing to the followers.

Jesus promised eternal life for those who believe in him, Jn 11:26 he also promised that he will be with us till the end - Mat 28:20. But the most significant thing that Jesus did & told about is -
John 16:7 NIV
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

John 16:5-15New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Holy Spirit Promised

“But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you,sorrow has filled your heart. But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the [a]Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
12 “I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Jesus is called as Emmanuel - Means "God with us". Mat 1:23



The other aspect of what Jesus did on the cross regarding his disciple and mother is significant,

John 19:26-27New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26 When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He *said to His mother, Woman, behold, your son!”27 Then He *said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour the disciple took her into his own household.


We can also see many other examples where people who are in Leadership positions failed to provide for the future.
Pilate
Saul in OT
The Rich Fool - from the parable etc.

Proverbs 13:22 (NASB)
A good man leaves an inheritance to his [a]children’s children,
And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.


A good succession planning comes with a cost:

A Leader will have to foresee the future.
Leader should provide for the future.
Leader should value his people only then he can care for his people.


No comments:

Welcome!

More Than 50 Videos of Rev. Fredrick Osborn's Bible Study Playlists https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgXh_mck7eqpbK4tArpmtZSfF502x...